No tricks, just treats!
These three recipes are fun, easy to make, and protein-packed. Whip them up for a healthy Halloween treat, without the guilt!
Graveyard Protein Mousse
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (divided 4oz, 2oz, 2oz)
- 2 oz 60% cocoa chocolate
- 3 Oreos (just the cookies, discard or eat the middle at your discretion)
- 1 scoop REDCON1 MRE Lite (I used fudge brownie)
1. Mix 2oz Heavy Whipping Cream with protein powder, set aside
2. Heat 2oz Heavy Whipping Cream to just boiling and pour over 2 oz of chocolate, let cool before mixing (this makes ganache for layering)
3. Whip the remaining 4oz of Heavy Whipping Cream on high speed until stiff. Fold in the protein/Heavy Whipping Cream mixture.
4. Crush the cookies from 3 Oreos (discard the middle).
5. Layer the “mousse” and ganache in 3 small containers. Decorate with Oreo dirt and add spooky Halloween decorations
Protein Spider Balls
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup of REDCON1 MRE Lite Blueberry Cobbler
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup blueberry puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Decorations: edible eyeballs, black writing icing, thin pretzel sticks
Line cookie sheet with wax paper. In large bowl mix all dry ingredients together. In a medium-sized bowl mix all wet ingredients. Next, add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Let stand for a few minutes. Using a palm-size amount, roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Decorate with eyes and icing. For legs, break pretzels in half, and bind each with black icing and a dab of honey. Cool in the fridge.
MRE Lite Fudge
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2oz 60% cacao chocolate
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 160g MRE lite Fudge Brownie
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: vanilla, walnuts
1. Prepare an 8×8 pan by lining with wax paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, salt and protein powder
3.In small saucepan on low heat, combine and melt coconut oil, chocolate, and almond milk.
4. Pour wet ingredient into the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
5. Transfer fudge into pan and let set in the fridge. Cut into 9 cubes. *these should be stored in the fridge or else they will get soft and sticky*